Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

Simon Brown wrote:
> On 13/07/06 13:06:53, Bob Tracy wrote:
> > Jay Estabrook wrote:
> > > Have you tried Xorg 7.0.x WITHOUT the radeonfb driver?
> Just tried it without radeon [dri] and without radeonfb, no change in
> the result. I don see any system lock ups or oopses:
> Linux bruce 2.6.15-1-alpha-generic #1 Mon Mar 6 12:33:22 UTC 2006 alpha
> GNU/Linux (Stock kernel)
>
> I just get in impressionist image with a lighter square that moves with
> the pointer.

Going back in the debian-alpha archives to 27 May '06, Falko Schmidt
reports problems almost identical to what I'm reporting.  Based on his
report and things I've read on the Xorg mail list (June and July
archives), DRI in 6.9 and later seems to be an issue.  Some people are
reporting improvement with 7.1.

After I try fbdev with the monitor attached to the DVI port, I'll give
the radeon driver another try with DRI disabled.

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com