Re: xorg 7.0 and Radeon 7500

Jay Estabrook wrote:
> I've never tried running the radeonfb driver for text mode and then
> X11, even with Xorg 6.x.x. Sometimes the combination of fb and X has
> been known to cause problems, so...
>
> Have you tried Xorg 7.0.x WITHOUT the radeonfb driver?

I have *not*.  That's worth a try, certainly.  Got used to that kind of
thing working with the video cards in my x86 hardware :-).

One thing I'll try before disabling the radeonfb driver is specifying
"radeonfb.monitor_layout=NONE,CRT" in the boot command string to see
if that makes any difference.  Another somewhat weird thing to try is
specifying "UseFBDev" in xorg.conf (radeon driver option to force use
of the kernel framebuffer device interface).

Won't be able to try any of this until much later this evening...

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com