Re: ES40 strange beeps on boot

On 4/5/06, Jay Estabrook <Jay.Estabrook@hp.com> wrote:
> Is it possible that not all the CPUs are (no longer) configured?

All 4 CPUs show up on "top".

> > BTW, earlier today the machine crashed. When I arrived, someone had
> > already rebooted it, but he said the little LCD screen showed
> > something like "CTERM error" before he power cycled it. We started
> > hearing the beeps after this (the last reboot was made remotely, so
> > I'm not sure if they were heard then).
>
> Fatal: "CTERM failed" - no CTERM voltage to CPUs
>
> Warning: "CTERM warn" - Voltage regulator over or under threshhold
>
> Have you lost a power supply? Do you have a spare? Consult the Event
> Log or run diagnostics on the power supplies to see.

I checked the SRM event log ("more el") and nothing interesting appears.

As for the power supplies, the machine has only two (therefore, no
redundancy), and both of them seem to be working (with four CPUs it
needs both, AFAIK).

What do you mean by power supply diagnostics?

--
Carlos Rodrigues