Re: AlphaStation 500 installation

On 3/3/06, Jaakko Linnosaari <jaakko.linnosaari@iki.fi> wrote:
> Harmon Seaver wrote:
> > then I tried adding an old micropolis 1.7gb scsi drive,
> > and never have been able to get the multia to see both it and the cd
> > drive at the same time. One or the other, but not both, regardless of
> > what I set the scsi ids at.
>
> Silly of me to ask, but... Are you sure that termination is turned off
> in the micropolis?

    Yes, it has two terminators, both are removed. I've also tried
removing the terminator on the cd drive, and/or on the external case.
Unfortunately, I can't find the two terminators for the micropolis, or
I'd try just using them and removing the cd terminator. The funny
thing is that I'm quite sure that when I was last messing about with
the multias about 4-5 years ago, I used this same micropolis drive and
same cd drive in that external case, and it worked, except then I had
no internal drive, and the controller was the other type with only one
cable connector.

--
Harmon Seaver