Re: ulogd unaligned trap

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 04:23:07PM -0500, Jim Crilly wrote:

> You probbaly know this, but ulogd is a userspace log daemon for
> netfilter that uses a netlink socket for it's input from netfilter. So
> I guess the alignment problems could be netfilter, the netlink code
> or ulogd itself.

Ah, good catch, Jim; I got a brain cramp... ;-}

Those addresses of the unaligned accesses are probably in a user-level
library, rather than a kernel module, given the addresses printed in
the logged messages.

I think you can use "ldd /wherever/you/find/ulogd" to print the
libraries used by "ulogd" and where they are relocated to; that should
at least give the library the unaligned accesses come from...

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com