Re: Helix Player

rct@gherkin.frus.com (Bob Tracy) writes:

> Anyone working on this?  Version 1.0.4 might be doable if the
> dependencies on the Tru64 native compiler (ccc) could be eliminated.
> Specifically, it looks like common/include/atomicbase.h needs to have
> a "#elif defined (__alpha) && defined (__GNUC__)" section written to
> be used instead of the existing  "#elif defined (__alpha)" code.

I wrote a patch that does just that (see bug #337867). However, I
never really tested it and I think there were some other problems...
Is there anything that Helix Player can play that mplayer cannot? I
thought not, which is why I didn't follow this anymore...

By the way, the correct way to fix this would be to rip out all of the
architecture-specific cruft in atomicbase.h and use gcc atomic
builtins, which are present from 4.1 on.

--
	Falk