Re: libc6.1

I just noticed that libc6.1 is scheduled to be upgraded in "stable" - will this be a broken one?

I'd hate for a broken libc to be in stable ....

...tom

Uwe Schindler wrote:
At 10:45 27.02.2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Now I am very happy with alpha support, the only thing is the problem
> with multithreaded apps (the bug in glibc that creates defunct
> processes)! Is there any news about that? This is very annoying
> because there is a patch available for that since about 3-4 months!!!
> Why is nobody able to apply this patch to glibc without discussing
> all the time about pros and cons that does not matter?

Sorry, to you have a pointer to the patch for this? I don't think there are
any alpha porters actively involved in the glibc packaging right now; I
guess there ought to be, but so far alpha has generally been reliable enough
that there hasn't been a need. :/  Of course, I'm sure even with commit
access I can't apply it without figuring out what pros and cons *do* matter,
so you might want to spell out which ones you believe don't matter :)

This one is the patch: