Re: swriteboot vs debian installer wrt Tru64 disklabel

On Tue March 14 2006 12:27, Mariano Iumiento wrote:
> I've now been asked to reinstall Tru64 Unix for other business
> requirements, but after the completion of all the interactive installation
> procedure, I get an error message stating "disklabel: read record #0: No
> such file or directory".

Total guess (never used Tru64), but I seem to recall reading in the debian
Alpha paritioning stuff that Tru64 requires the first parition entry (I
believe the parition table that Tru64 uses is called a disklabel) to be the
entire disk (i.e., a big block encomposing all the other entries).  Linux
doesn't require this.  Maybe something is screwy between this.

Later!  -T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,