[uncurbed@swipnet.se: Re: Modules not compiled in new kernel?]

fine to hear that everything is ok.

again please keep the cc list intact.

----- Forwarded message from Conny Enström <uncurbed@swipnet.se> -----

maximilian attems skrev:
>[ please do _not_ drop mailing list cc ]
>
>On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Conny Enström wrote:
>
><snipp old message>
>

>>I see, thanks it seems like this is a 'unstable' package, thats why I
>>did not find it with apt.
>>I suppose you ment this:
>>http://packages.debian.org/unstable/utils/initramfs-tools
>>

>yes it's also available on backports.org

Yes I alredy got all that working.
>>But why do I need 'busybox' (Tiny utilities for small and embedded
>>systems) ?
>>I will try yaird or the unstable package initramfs if I can get apt to
>>work with the unstable mirror.
>>

>we use the busybox internal sed and awk.
>why does this dependency pose a problem?

I just got 'apt-pinning' to work in my system, byt when i compiled the
first kernel I forgot to include RAM-disk support, and now the kernel
don't work at all. But I got the 2.6.8.1 deb package to work.

But I can't compile a new 2.6.15.3 kernel because some issue with glibc
in the begining of  make.
Seems like I must do a downgrade on the glibc unstable package or something.

But the 2.6.8.1 kernel runs well but I have to insert the 'tulip' module
for the network every boot.

Conny

----- End forwarded message -----