Booting and installing an AlphaServer 2100

Hi all!

Do you folks mind a "user" question that may not even be Debian related?

I just saved an AlphaServer 2100 from the dump. It was running (Tru64)
when I got it, and I'd really like to get it up on Debian. I've been a
user of the system for several years, but never installed anything and
know just about nothing about the architecture. Also, it is not filling
up _my_ basement, so I only get to try getting it up once a week. :-)
Finally, the sysadmin who gave it to me did so on the condition that
I'd never bother him about the box, so I have nobody I can ask.

I can't even boot it now. I have the disks it last ran, but they were
not in the chassis when I got them, so most likely, I have not inserted
them in the original order. I guess that could be significant.

On power on, it does some self-tests, and complains that something is
invalid with EISA, and tells me to run a EISA configuration utility. I
guess that's a good idea, but where do I find that utility?

It then passes that point, tests some I/O, but then stops saying
something about
dra 0.0.7.0
being wrong and then powers down so fast I can't even read the whole
message. On google, I've learnt this has something to do with the
disks.

Is there hope that I can get this running? May it be that that last
problem can be corrected by the EISA reconfiguration?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer