Debian 31r0a install

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm STILL playing around with Multia/UDB machines, and finally decided to
try a fresh new install from scratch using 31r0a.

I've converted to SRM and followed the instructions using both CD1 and the
NetINST cd.

In both cases, the machine simply "stops".

I don't want to say "hangs" because caps lock and num lock LEDs continue to
work.

I start the machine.
The machine has an internal ide disk (UNUSED, IGNORE IT).
An External Toshiba SCSI cdrom at ID6
An External 4GB Seagate drive at ID0

I issue the "show dev" to make sure that I see the cdrom and at what address
"DKA600"
And thus issue the command, boot "DKA600 -fl 0"

It tells me it sees a valid boot block, starts the process,
I see
"aboot: no disklabel found.
iso: Max size:325008    Log zone size: 2048
iso: First datazone:52    Root inode number 106496
aboot: loading uncompressed boot/vmlinuz...
aboot: loading compressed boot/vmlinuz...
aboot: zero-filing 407760 bytes at 0xfffffc0000571900
aboot: loading initrd (2938876 bytes/2869 blocks) at 0xfffffc0007b2c000
aboot: starting kernel boot/vmlinuz with arguments ramdisk_size=16384
root=dev/ram devfs=mount,dall"

(quotes not actually included)

At which point, the machine just hangs.

I actually get this on 3 different Multia (yes, really, I own 3, someone
want one?)
So I'm fairly certain that it's a function of the install as opposed to a
hardware or machine specific error.
I've tried it with 3 different sets of ram, all tested on a ram tester, and
all had at one point, been running OLDER versions of ARC booted operating
systems. <grimace>

If there is a readme or some doc that I've missed, please point me that way.
Otherwise, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

Ted