SRM troubles/ XP1000

Hi all,

We the SRM trouble sorted it's self out. The battery is flat so after leaving it off overnight everything had reset and Alpha bios was back.

I've managed to get Sarge installed using three of the lastest install images. I had to swap them all about at different points as they all seemed to be missing things, but thankfully different things.

I've reached the point of getting X setup. It appears to have a tga2 based card, but it only wants to run in 8-Bit colour and claims to have 2MB of memory. Looking on the retired systems page on the HP site all of the cards mentioned there for the XP1000 had far more memory and could manage true colour.

Could this be a configuration problem?

Simon