Re: popcon ? Re: Requalification of Alpha for etch

On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 06:06:15PM -0700, Bill Ricker wrote:
> --- Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> > FWIW, "exceedingly unlikely ..." is wishy-washy.

> > So if you're on the list,
> Yes
> > run Debian on an alpha today,
> Yes
> > and haven't
> > installed popularity-contest yet, please stand up
> > now and be counted. :)

> apt-get install popularity-contest reports
> "Package popularity-contest is not available, but is
> referred to by another package."

> Is there a special repository needed?

Nope.
> My Alphas are still on Woody,

$ madison popularity-contest
popularity-contest |    1.3-1.1 |     oldstable | source, all
popularity-contest |       1.28 |        stable | source, all
popularity-contest |       1.31 |       testing | source, all
popularity-contest |       1.31 |      unstable | source, all
$

So popularity-contest was present in woody; I don't know why you would be
getting that error.

Well, upgrading to sarge is a good idea anyway. :)