Help needed

Hi,

New to the list, and to Debian linux. I have a DEC AS4000 alphaserver with 2
400mhz processors, 512mb of ram. I downloaded and installed the latest
release of Debian (using the net install). All went well, and installed
fine, but when it went to restart the x-server will not work. The computer
has a S3 trio 34/64 video card with 1mb of ram. I did ensure that the setup
had the s3 trio driver.

So everything works except Xwindows, but I really would like to get that
working. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob