Re: Finished threads remain as zombies on 2.6?

On August 29, 2005 16:17, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Definitely not.  At this point, there is no NPTL at all in Debian for
> alpha.
>
> So these zombie threads (which I'm also seeing on my alpha running a 2.4
> kernel, btw) are probably a bug in glibc 2.3.5's LinuxThreads; they may
> or may not affect other architectures than alpha.

Right.  I now understand what /lib/tls is all about.  : )

The threadtest program on an x86 [kernel 2.6.12 and libc 2.3.5-4] with
LinuxThreads ('LD_PRELOAD=/lib/libpthread.so.0:/lib/libc.so.6 ./threadtest')
does not result in zombie threads.  It does produce the different proc
accounting though.

-T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,