Booting from Floppy disk

  Hi,
   I have installed Debian 3.0 on an AlphaWS. The installation
   went very smoothly and I made a rescue floppy disk also.
   I have a question here. I do the following to boot from Harddisk
   From SRM Prmpt:
  >>> b dkc0
  aboot>l
  0:1/vmlinuz ro root=/dev/sda1
  aboot>0

   Booting to multiuser mode.

   Can I use the same procedure to boot from rescue floppy?
   (The SRM boot device specification is different)

   Thanks in advance.
    Kumar

I wanted to boot from the floopy disk.
   I got the prompt "aboot" after executing the command "b devicename".
   I then executed the command "l" in aboot promp to find out the kernel
   and device name. Depends on the kernel version I write 0 or 1.
   Can I use the same method to boot from floppy?(On floppy I have only 1
kernel)
Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath@psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |