ds20; sarge; 2.4.27; how to I force a particular NIC driver?
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: ds20; sarge; 2.4.27; how to I force a particular NIC driver?
- From: "Dan Cernese" <Dan.Cernese@hp.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:24:20 -0400
- Message-id: <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAAWkInyokD0RG6CggAK5Pa1sKAAAAQAAAA/fFw6ITCbkCvYPvlBNLErgEAAAAA@hp.com>
I did a clean netinst/sarge install on a DS20L and found that the default e100 driver
was highly unstable. It would operate fine for a short time, but whenever
any amount of data was transferred (a few MB), it simply stopped without
error. Doing an ifdown/ifup makes it work again.
I found by chance that if I removed e100 and added eepro100,
it runs normally. (rmmod e100; modprove eepro100)
How do I make this permanent/across reboots?
Dan Cernese dan.cernese<at>hp.com
Hewlett-Packard Company phone: +1 (603) 884-0289
110 Spit Brook Road ZKO1-3/H41 FAX: +1 (603) 884-5110
Nashua, New Hampshire 03062-2698 dhcernese<at>alum.wpi.edu