Jakarta-tomcat on alpha

Hi Adrian,
I installed kaffe-1.1.4 configured with '--with-jikes', tried cvs kaffe -carefull here since ../lib/kjc.jar does not install and is 'broken' at the moment?, see: http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2005-January/101231.html
-kjc.jar is not built as part of cvs 'kaffe' at least not for me.
any way, sablevm.org is stronger on alpha and it is possible to get jakarta-tomcat to 'run' but -not very stable-see :
http://sablevm.org/lists/sablevm-user/2005-March/000249.html
returning to your original mail* : http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2005/03/msg00049.html the problem is getting jdk1.3.1...since H.P. no longer serves this file, this is available from
any  gentoo ftp 'distfile' server of which there are many world wide :
jdk-1.3.1-1-linux-alpha.rpm
files still available from compaq ftp server:
libots-2.2.7-2.alpha.rpm
cpml-ev6-5.2.0-1.alpha.rpm
I have all three and can make them available if you need them from a server.
follow this link: http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2001/07/msg00042.html
to correctly install the cpml lib. your referenced link is incorrect and
probably resulted in a loss of /usr/lib/compaq/cpml-5.2.0/libcpml_ev6.so
'alien' works well in converting .rpm's and jdk1.3.1 is in/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
my .bash_profile:
#the rest of this file is commented out.

# include .bashrc if it exists

#if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
#    source ~/.bashrc
#fi

# set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
#if [ -d ~/bin ] ; then
#    PATH=~/bin:"${PATH}"
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1
export JAVA_HOME
PATH=$PATH:/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/bin
CLASSPATH=/usr/java/jdk1.3.1/lib/tools.jar
export CLASSPATH
#fi

# do the same with MANPATH
#if [ -d ~/man ]; then
#    MANPATH=~/man:"${MANPATH}"
#fi

jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30 runs and is stable! on alpha -unstable kernel-2.6.10 SMP DS20.
Hope this helps and thanks for your original response.
-Mel