trying to run em86: getdents ?

I have an x86 application I am going to try to run under the alpha.  I could not find a debian package, so I downloaded from
ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Linux-Alpha/em86/
and used alien to convert to a .deb and installed (actually I also tried to build the source and no luck there either)

I get the following error to the console when trying to execute /usr/bin/em86

Any idea how to correct this ?

em86: relocation error: em86: undefined symbol: __getdents