Re: Please test new kernel-image-2.6.10-alpha packages
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Please test new kernel-image-2.6.10-alpha packages
- From: Michael Christy <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:15:23 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20050128155012.GA9658@tykepenguin.com>
- References: <20050123142306.GC18148@rollcage.inittab.de> <email@example.com> <20050126141758.GF968338@sanger.ac.uk> <20050128155012.GA9658@tykepenguin.com>
I have tested these packages on UP2000 SMP with the following results:
1) SMP kernel panics and boot and it looks like modules can not be loaded
for some reason.
2) generic kernel boots and (almost )all hardware seems to work,
including my GTH raid controller, emu10k sound card, and Voodoo3 card in
DRI (great!). Unfortunately, I also have no ps2 mouse at boot and must
insmod a ps2 module by hand to get my mouse working. Additionally, the
onboard USB gets recognized but gives an error that irq 255 can not be
This is the first 2.6 kernel that I have ever been able to boot on these
machines so that is progress. However, without SMP this is not so useful
to me at the moment. If I can get and SMP kernel runing I will be very
happy. Thanks to those working on this.
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Patrick Caulfield wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:17:58PM +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:
> > On 26-Jan-05, Carcharoth wrote:
> > > At last a 2.6.10 kernel works fine on my Machines (Miata 500au and
> > > Digital Server 3000). No more red screens on startup.
> > > The qla1280 driver works now flawlessly, too.
> > Boots flawlessly on my LX164, but the PS/2 mouse doesn't work for some
> > reason, but does with my home-built 2.6.6 kernel. I'll diagnose when I
> > have the time... probably just a simple configuration error.
> Similar results here on a pws433 (Miata) machine. Boots and runs fine
> but no ps/2 mouse. It seems to get detected at startup (according to dmesg)
> but it doesn't move. cat /proc/psaux or /proc/input/mice produces nothing
> Also, CD-burning doesn't work with this SCSI driver (it didn't work with
> the old qlogicisp driver either, that just crashed), it did with the
> feral driver under 2.4. I can post the SCSI errors if anyone's interested.
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-alpha-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org