Re: USB Hardware

OHCI is a standard which implments the usb stack mostly in hardware.
UHCI implements it mostly in software.  As such, UHCIis far more likely
to have 64-bit issues.  Personally I have had numerous problems with my
alpha and UHCI that I was unable to track down.

Try to find an OHCI.  Perhaps they are more common now than when I
bought my UHCI (3 years ago?).  Also perhaps the UHCI stack has improved
in that time...I haven't used alpha/USB in over a year.

Cheers,
-- Bob

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin