Re: AS 4100 boot

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 07:12:56PM +0100, =?ISO-8859-2?Q? Ji=F8=ED?= =?ISO-8859-2?Q?J=E1nsk=FD ?= wrote:
> I have Alpha server 4100 (rawhide family) and it should by
> supported(runable). (http://www.nl.debian.org/ports/alpha/sys_types).

> I am able to boot aboot using SRM console (with -flags 0) and boot linux
> kernel from it.  I can see some kernel starting messages, but I am not
> able to read it(its too fast). Some red screen blink up and computer end
> in loop and something, that looks like procesor state (register, etc.) is
> written on screen in loop too (I am not able read it, because it is too
> fast). It's same even if I use -nosmp flag.

What kernel are you using to boot this system?  Are you booting from a hard
drive, or from an install CD?

I don't think there is such a thing as a "-nosmp" flag.  There is a "nosmp"
option that can be passed to the kernel; the spelling counts, and it
certainly has to be set in the right place to have an effect.  If you can
post the exact SRM and aboot commandlines that you use, someone might be
able to give you more exact advice.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer