prelink on sarge - busted machine

Hi,

I installed prelink on sarge and unfortunately ended up with a mostly hosed machine where basic utils such as ls, tar, etc, would segfault.

When I tried to undo the damage, with prelink -un, it did not fix things. Eg, ls would still segfault, even though neither it, nor any of the libraries it is linked to had .gnu_prelink_undo sections (hence - shouldnt be prelinked).

I had to unpack libc6.1 deb on another machine to an NFS dir, LD_LIBRARY_PATH to its libs and untar the libc data file over existing ones.

Does prelink have known problems on alpha?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: