Re: ccc and cfal on alphas

ccc and cfal are both available, but I doubt that they are in
development; the downloads from HP's site are two years old.

Also, you need to 'ask' HP to send you a crypt key to uncrypt the
downloads.

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/linuxdevtools/latest/downloads.html

Caveat:  I had some difficulty getting these to work on sarge, due
to strangeness in gcc.  For some reason, the installer of the alpha
compilers uses gcc for some aspect of the install.  gcc did not
work right, so the install failed.  I had to change the gcc specs
file and the alpha compiler's install script.  But once installed
the compilers appear to work fine.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Thadeu Penna wrote:

  > Are those compilers still in development? Where can I get the lastest
  > versions? If not, there is an free alternative to compile f90
  > source codes? Please, do not reply saying both fortran and compaq
  > compilers are both dead :(
  >
  > --
  >  ___                  _                 .''`.
  >                     Linux User #50500    `-
  > Prof.Adjunto - Instituto de Física  ---Debian-
  > Universidade Federal Fluminense     Alpha/i386

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                   harbaugh@abcc.ncifcrf.gov
System Administrator
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC)
National Cancer Institute
Contractor - SAIC/Frederick