Re: [Evms-devel] Re: evmsgui crashes on alpha

tags 235328 patch
thanks

Hi Kevin,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 11:23:53PM -0600, Kevin Corry wrote:
> Thanks for the patch. However, all of the dlist code has been removed from
> EVMS in the CVS tree (replaced with much simpler list services), which is
> where all of the bugs seem to be occurring. So the CVS tree (and thus the
> 2.3.0 release) will hopefully be free of these problems.

> If you have some time, we'd greatly appreciate if you'd be able to grab the
> current CVS tree and test on your alpha system to see if you experience any
> similar problems. You can find info about downloading the CVS tree at:
> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=25076

I've been able to reproduce the bug locally, and have thus been able to
confirm both that the patch in my previous mail corrects the problem,
and that the 2.3 CVS code does not contain the bug (as expected).  This
is basically as far as I've gone with testing 2.3 CVS, since alpha-style
BSD disklabels don't seem to be supported yet, but building with
-Wcast-align also leaves me confident that there have been no
alpha-related regressions between 2.2 and 2.3.

Regards,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer