2.6.8-1-generic kernel on Alphastation 500/500 still without EXT3, mm/slab.c bug, no LVM
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: 2.6.8-1-generic kernel on Alphastation 500/500 still without EXT3, mm/slab.c bug, no LVM
- From: Uwe Schindler <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:35:25 +0100
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Installed today 2.6.8-1 on my Alphastation 500/500 over 2.4.27-1-generic
(only thing was that apt-get did not change the symlinks to initrd.img and
vmlinuz in /boot, done by hand). System came up but there were 3 problems:
a) The mm/slab.c kernel BUG also occurs on this machine
b) / partition which is originally ext3 was mounted as ext2, other
partitions which are ext3 did not mount at all
c) LVM 1 volume groups did not start. "/etc/init.d/lvm start" displays that
module "lvm" is not found. Do I have to update to lvm2 after installing
kernel 2.6 ?
Now switched back to 2.4.27.
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de - http://www.schindlers-software.de
eMails: email@example.com (private); firstname.lastname@example.org (company)
Tel./Fax: +49 700 PCLATEIN (+49 700 72528346)
Schindlers Software - Home of Schindlers PC-LATEIN 3.10
DIE Software zum Lateinlernen!