Re: Want another buildd?

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 01:27:03PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've acquired an alpha machine (a "COMPAQ Professional Workstation
> XP1000"). It's installed and not doing much at the moment. Would
> another buildd be useful? I have a full local mirror on the same LAN,
> and I've already got sbuild and friends up and running...
>
> --
> Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve@einval.com
> Into the distance, a ribbon of black
> Stretched to the point of no turning back

I could also throw in my older Miata (433M Alpha.) I too have a full
mirror thanks to Steve's guidance :) but haven't yet installed sbuild.

All help on this would be appreciated if you consider an old machine
with limited disk worth it :) [128M of memory but only about 2G of disk
:( ]

[Steve - mirror now up and running here - but how do you access yours?
Did you set up apache / proftpd or what? Full mirror of
ftp.uk.debian.org appears to be around 106G at the moment - is that
about right?]

Andy - knackered after a day of fixing a botched script - when /usr/bin and
some of /sbin go away your Debian system takes a long time to rebuild. I
might even write up an FAQ/HOWTO on how to rebuild Debian from (almost) bare
metal. Anybody know the _correct_ way to zero the dpkg package cache and
have it reinstall virtually everything - even the stuff it thinks is
already properly installed?

Andy