Re: DEC 3000 problems

On Tue, 2004-10-19 00:22:32 +0200, Peter 'p2' De Schrijver <p2@mind.be>
wrote in message <[🔎] 20041018222231.GB19273@mind.be>:
> That's why I wanted to load a program in memory using DEPOSIT commands
> and run the program using the START command. This program would then
> download a new firmware image and flash it.

So you want to shift the whole flashing program plus the new ROM
contents through the serial link into your alpha and START it?

In this case, maybe it's the easiest thing to just squeeze the firmware
update MOP image into it and start it. It should basically be a PIC
image, so that should work.

If it fscks up your box, we can still take the soldering iron.

> > 	  http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/linux-vax/usr/firmware_dumper/)
>
> Good idea.

Send me the patch once it's done:-)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw       jbglaw@lug-owl.de    . +49-172-7608481             _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in  einem Freien Kopf    | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg  _ _ O