Re: 2.6.8 on AlphaStation 200

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Jaakko Linnosaari wrote:

> I don't know. Steve said in earlies post that "This is only relevant on
> legacy Unix systems." so it might as well not be the source of your
> problems.

There is another machine identic to my home one that I administrate. I
upgraded that one to Debian last weekend, and made an empty partition c
etc. etc. Well, that one now works great with 2.6.8.1, while the computer
at home still will not boot 2.6-kernels. :) "Fortunately", there has been
a slight change on computer ownerships, and thus the home one will not be
used anymore.

I do not know if the empty partition was the thing that made it; from what
I can see that was the only difference even if it should not matter.
Anyway, I got one of them working thanks to you guys! Thanks!

Regards,

/Joakim
--
 http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/