Sarge netinst on Alphaserver 1200

Hello there!

I'm trying to do a netinst of the Sarge distro on my 1200, it gets the packagelists from the chosen server, but then I get an errormsg on 'read-edid' (isn't available, doesn't have an installable candidate <- rough translation of the dutch errormsg), but this is for probing a vesa pnp monitor for the x-server if I understand the docs correctly...... What is wrong here?? It doesn't matter if I choose http or ftp, or whatever server.....

Greetings, Angelo Machils