Re: Alpha EV67 optimized Debian glibc package

At Mon, 16 Aug 2004 18:55:12 +0200,
Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 06:58:59PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> > You can test it with LD_PRELOAD=/lib/ev67/libc-2.3.2.so program
>
> No, you can't :) With only PRELOAD all programs will segfault because
> only libc for ev67 is used but not the other libs like libpthread,
> librt, ... Using
>
>   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/ev67/
>
> is the way to go :)

Correct.

BTW, do anyone tried to benchmark it?  We'll plan to include this
extension, but it's good idea to know whether it boosts up the
performance or not before inclusion.

Note that I can't benchmark because unfortunatelly I noticed I didn't
have any EV67+ machine.  HP testdrive is another choise, but that is
multi user access machine (so the result becomes uncertain).

Regards,
-- gotom