Re: Help: Perl crashes, probably pthread-problem?

Hello,
On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 03:15:35PM +0200, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> writes:
>
> > I have a small perl program
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/smallTest.pl?bug=243311&msg=3&att=2
> >
> > using a small module:
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/iohelp.pm?bug=243311&msg=3&att=1
> >
> > This perl script crashes perl. To reproduce, type/tab complete e.g.:
> > helge@sixtyfor:~/prog/db/eingabe$ ./smallTest.pl
> > y, Protokoll:: http
> > Publisher:
> > y, Protokoll:: http
> > Publisher:
> > y, Protokoll:: http
> > Publisher:
> > Speicherzugriffsfehler (core dumped)
> >
> > (Speicherzugriffsfehler == segmentation fault)
>
> I can't reproduce this with perl 5.8.4-2 and libc6.1 2.3.2.ds1-13 from
> sid. Can you perhaps try upgrading either?
well, I have the same version of perl and glibc. How often did you go
through the cycle? I noticed that I need to do an extra cycle if I
tried it in xterm (as opposed to the console). If I set
env LANG=C ./smallTest.pl
and then I need one cycle less (2 on the console, 3 in xterm).

I run it under "strace -eopen" and it did not use any file from
/usr/local
so I am pretty confident that I have not "messed up" my system.

I will try it on monday in the changeroot at work.

If you have any other suggestions for tracking this down, any help
greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

          Helge