Re: Problems booting 2.6.6 on Alphastation 200 4/166

Thomas Jahns <Thomas.Jahns@epost.de> writes:
> I've just tried booting a kernel compiled from the kernel-source-2.6.6
> package (2.6.6-1) on my AS200. Unfortunately the kernel only gets to the
> SCSI initialization. I then see some messages about failed reset,
> another reset and then the machine freezes (in the sense of no further
> output for more time than I cared to wait, ~2min).
>
> I have gathered from what I read on this group so far that there are
> problems in the 2.4.x tree, does that also apply to 2.6.x?

Okay, I've now tested stock 2.6.7 without debian patches and the
situation is the same: the sym53c8xx_2 driver doesn't work but fails on
boot with messages about timeouts and resets.

Has anyone had better experience with 2.6.x kernels on AS200?

Thomas Jahns
--
"Computers are good at following instructions,
 but not at reading your mind."