Re: AlphaServer ES45 w/ Fibre-Channel

Is this the wrong group to post about driver porting to Alpha?  Or is there a
source someone could point me to, be it book, site, kick in the teeth, etc...

Has anyone had any luck with the newer fibrechannel cards from qlogic
{i.e., 'QLA2310F' }?  I thinking about getting some of them for my ES-45's
(Titan).  I've read that the 2200 series works with the Alpha platform with
three different drivers available but I want the 2300 series (if it will
actually work on Debian Alpha) because it is a 2Gb card.  I went ahead and
downloaded the driver which did compile albeit with warnings...  any guidance
would be really appreciated.

*info about the Compaq ES-45's and Debian if anyone is interested...

The ES-45's wouldn't install with regular Debian Alpha CD because they
don't like the old version of aboot.  I ended up making a custom rescue that
I put aboot 0.9 on.  I also went ahead and built a custom kernel for Titan
with SMP (ES-45's have 4 1Gig Alpha CPU's).  Once I get either the emulex
cards below working or give up and buy the QLA2310F's I'll be in business
with these machines.  ES-40's seem to have been a lot nicer debianwise but,
the superpage stuff on the ES-45's sounds pretty cool.