Re: Alpha PWS 433a and Adaptec AHA-294X Boot Blues

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> First, try:
>
> 	>>> boot ewa0 -fi boot.img
>
> and if that works, change the dhcpd.conf entry to:
>
> 	filename "boot.img";
>
> since I believe it always treats the filename as relative to where
> the root for TFTP is set.
>
> Good luck.
>
>  --Jay++

I'm not sure what you mean by "works" :-) issuing "boot ewa0 -fi boot.img"
didn't seem to make any difference. I still got the request/reply messages
in syslog, and the boot still failed as before.

Just out of sheer desperation; I did try amending the "filename" stanza in
dhcpd.conf, but, as I expected, no joy.

Thanks anyway for the prompt reply though - 'tis much appreciated.

Cheers

Gary

> Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
> Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
> 110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com

"There are two major products that came out of Berkeley; LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

BOFH Excuse #76: Unoptimised hard drive.

Linux, because eventually, you grow up enough to be trusted with a fork()