Re: [rebuild request] scsh for woody

Joost van Baal <joostvb-debian-ports-20040401-2@mdcc.cx> writes:

> We still need:
>
> alpha (
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2004/debian-alpha-200403/msg00082.html
> )
> James Fowler offered to build

If thats not happening I can easily do that too.

> I have very little experience with chroot-ed builds, but will spend some
> more time investigating.  If anybody can claim a build on an
> architecture, that'd be very nice.  Non-developers help is welcomed too:
> I can do a sponsored upload.

You can create a nice small chroot like this:
(cdebootstrap installs less cruft then debootstrap)

apt-get install cdebootstrap
cdebootstrap woody /chroots/woody http://your.mirror/debian
editor /chroots/woody/etc/apt/sources.list
cp /etc/hosts /etc/resolv.conf /etc/sudoers /chroots/woody/etc
mount -tproc proc /chroots/woody/proc
mount --bind /dev /chroots/woody/dev
chroot /chroots/woody
  adduser foobar (you might want to use the same uid/group as the real system)
  apt-get update
  apt-get install build-essential devscripts fakeroot less sudo wget

(devscripts, less, sudo, wget for convenience, fakeroot to build as user)

Building can be done like this (or with pbuilder or umlbuilder):

chroot /chroots/woody su - foobar
  apt-get source bla / wget bla source, dpkg-source -x *dsc
  cd bla*/
  debuild -us -uc -B -m"Your name <your@email>"
debsign -k<key id> /chroots/woody/home/foobar/bla*changes

For cleanup I recommend using debfoster. Install it before the first
build, run it and tell it to keep all files (keep y pressed). Then
after each build you can run it and savely tell it to remove
everything new (keep n pressed).

MfG
        Goswin