Re: SYM53c8xx Panic on Boot: 2.6.1rc1 (Alpha)

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:03:29PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 10:06:32PM -0500, Jay Estabrook wrote:
> >
> > Did you try the old SYM driver?
>
> No, I could not find it in the config system, though to be honest I
> haven't looked closely and may have missed something obvious.

Well, it looks like some patches went into RC1 for the SYM_2 driver;
since I had no problems with stock 2.6.0 and SYM_2, any chance you
could try that instead?

> > Are you really booting from MILO?
>
> Indeed.  It is my understanding that only MILO can boot my AlphaBIOS
> system.  I have been booting this way since I bought the Alpha new,
> sometime in 1997 or 1998.  If more recent developments have obsoleted
> MILO (without requiring me to switch to SRM), I'd be interested.

Yes, SRM console is available for download to run on LX/SX (and most
others that were initially sold for NT use, except XL or XLT).

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com