Re: Mozilla crashes X, was Re: Radeon 9000 PCI success

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 13:50, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Since two days mozilla crashes my DRI enabled, Radeon 7500 based X on
> my LX quite reliably. I use the XFree 4.3.x build (with sources from Michel
> Dänzer). I believe this to be a X issue, but before starting bug reports
> I'd like to have a second opinion on what to report/look at (rebuilding
> X with -g and doing a gdb backtrace does not look like a good idea to me).

It's the best way to get reliable information about the crash though.
You could try reproducing the problem with xserver-xfree86-dbg.

>      Also I upgraded some parts of the testing X part (e.g. xfs), so I
>      have a mixture of XFree 4.3 and 4.2 which *might* be the problem?

Unlikely, I used to have that for a long time without any problems.

It's unlikely to be related to the DRI either (you can easily verify
that by disabling it though), I'd rather suspect something related to
fonts.