Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS X11!

Hello,
On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 10:40:54PM +0000, Alex Dniuk wrote:
>    From another location, access via putty a server, lets call it FOX, and
>    from this server via ssh I access server BLUE. Once I am in BLUE I just
>    have text mode shell.
>
>    I would like to know how can I see the X11 windows after this connection.
>    I mean, I have my application over the server BLUE, and sometimes I want
>    to see how it is working from server FOX, as well as, to restart my
>    apllication if it*s needed from server FOX, without the need to go to the
>    BLUE server*s site.

Besides VNC you can also get a X-Server for FOX. There are comercial
ones available as well as with cygwin. I don't have any experience
with them myself, though. But usually I would
try to see if your application writes some status files, or does some
logging. It is often much more conventient to watch those logs
(especially if you can automate this with scripts) then to monitor a
graphical application.

Last but not least I'd advise you to go to a more general list, as
this deals with a specific architecture and your topic seems rather
general.

http://lists.debian.org/users.html

Greetings

          Helge