Re: AlphaStation 500 MILO problems + Voodoo questions

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 12:47:51PM -0400, Jay Estabrook wrote:

> Did you update the SRM console to the latest available at:
>
> 	http://ftp.digital.com/pub/digital/Alpha/firmware
>
> If not, it's possible that the latest SRM contains a BIOS emulator
> that will work with the Voodoo3 3000.

I've had the chance to try a couple of things with my AS500/500, which
IIRC is running the latest SRM (7.2?). Neither an ATI Rage 128 nor a
3DFx Voodoo Banshee (precursor to Voodoo3 cards) would successfully
complete BIOS emulation, resulting in black screen. So, I'm not real
surprised that the latest SRM will not run a Voodoo3 3000... :-\

Best card I have that DOES run in there is a 3DLabs PCI VX1 with
32MB of memory.

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - MRO1-2/K15       (508) 467-2080
200 Forest Street, Marlboro MA 01752       Jay.Estabrook@hp.com