Fwd: Fwd: Re: Alpha kernels

What follows is a discussion I just had with George France about the
status of the linux kernel for alpha.  They (He, Richard Henderson, Ivan
Kokshaysky, and HP) are maintaining it for the RedHat 7.2 release for
alpha.  They are still working on 2.4.18.

He is the "technical liason" to RedHat and SUSE for HP on alpha.  As
such he is the best place for debian to get up-to-date patches for the
kernel on alpha. (see URL below)

Now, are these patches in the debian kernel?  Is there anywhere within
debian to get them?  (i.e. a kernel-source-alpha package as there is for
HPPA and ia64 or a kernel-patch package)

Perhaps there is a fix in here for the mysterious ethernet hang that
several people have seen...and the poor scheduler and vm behavior that
plauges me daily...

Cheers,
-- Bob

----- Forwarded message from George France <france@handhelds.org> -----