Re: question

Hi Again,

I added the line you said, when I run ifconfig not connected ppp0 does not
show up.  When I connect with wvdial and run ifconfig again ppp0 is added.
I have not even messed with kppp yet.

When I run route not connected ppp0 is not there.  When I run route
connected this is what comes up:

Destination        Gateway        Genmask        Flags    Metric    Ref
Use    Iface
209.206.177.5    *           255.255.255.255    UH    0            0
0        ppp0
(other stuff in between)
default                *                    0.0.0.0            U        1
0        0        s10

I ran pppconfig and then ran pon.  It turns on the modem but does not dial
or anything else.  I just hear the dial tone through the modem and thats it,
until I run poff then it shuts the modem down.  The funny thing is when I do
this after I close the terminal window the modem comes back on again.

Thanks for all the help, I have no clue.

Bob