Re: Relocation errors with g++-3.2

On Wednesday 09 April 2003 02:38 am, ineiti wrote:
> I was googling around again, as lyx has the same problem (and
> lyx is important to me, like kdegames ;-), so I came across
> this one:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2003-04/msg00393.html
>
> Where somebody states that you have to use '-fPIC' instead of
> '-fpic'... I will try it out this evening, but perhaps
> somebody wants to be faster?

Well, that's a bit different problem there.  That looks like an
actual legitimate relocation that really is overflowing, simply
because the relevant address space isn't large enough unless you
use -fPIC.  So -fPIC might well indeed be the solution in that
case.

Our case is that relocations are getting emitted when they
shouldn't be emitted _at all_.  -fPIC won't help in the case of
kdegames (it was one of the first things I tried).

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"