Re: Firmware upgrade SX (alphabios -> srm) fails

On Thursday 03 April 2003 14:44, Jaap Hogenberg wrote:
> Could any of you kind souls out there enlighten me as to what I am doing
> wrong?
> BTW, I did try reformatting the floppy, and read back the file, but I found
> no problems there........

Hi,
a long long time ago I tried the same thing (on a pc164) and was glad to have
the original BIOS disk at hand, because I chose the wrong BIOS (just as a
hint to have a rescue-disk ready ;-) Anyway, I remember having had to set a
jumper on the mainboard to allow writing a new BIOS to the flash-memory.

Ineiti

--
Linus Gasser