AIW Radeon+LX164--compatible?

For reference, here are some images of the parts I'm looking at
(these are two identical parts, both bearing the part
#1027670100):

http://skarpsey.dyndns.org/radeon1.jpg
http://skarpsey.dyndns.org/radeon2.jpg

The way it looks now, I might get the both of them for a fairly
low price (I can't get them separate, only both together).  I'm
not quite able to figure out everything about them, but from
what I can gather, they're a couple of the first Radeon AIW
products, based on some revision of the R100 core.  They're
classified as briefly-tested parts taken from working systems.

My question is, would they be compatible with a PC164LX?  If so,
and one of them works, that would be all I need right now to get
a working X server on my Alpha box--good 2D, light 3D accel, and
some other AIW features that I might try to make use of later.

--
Kelledin
it still cost four figures to fix?"