LX164 -IDE problems - thanks

Hi all,

many thanks for the various suggestions and .config-snippets.
My IDE problems are persistent, so I now assume some sort
of hardware problem ( I'll check this with a borrowed HDD
within the next days ).

Anyway, I plan on setting up an NFS Server holding several
"datagraves" like source-archives, documentation und stuff
alike, that I would like to make accessible network-wide.

Since IDE drives of large capacity are cheap nowadays, i'd
like to use them in the NFS-server. For that, I plan on using
a PCI IDE-controller to attach the drives to. Performance is
not paramount here, but I'd like to go for an optimum.
RAID is not necessary, there will most likely be only two drives,
being backup'd via network

Any recommendations ?

Again, thanks for the help with the previous issue.

Regards,
T.Weyergraf

--
Thomas Weyergraf                                                kirk@colinet.de
My Favorite IA64 Opcode-guess ( see arch/ia64/lib/memset.S )