Re: new install

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Donald Spoon wrote:

> he 'rescue" and "root" floppies + the built-in NIC + the 2.2.XX kernel
> then upgraded everything after I got the basic install going...new
> kernel, 3c905-TX NIC, and ext3.

I got to the point of inserting/configuring modules; then it flashes a
text at the bottom line of the screen, and all I can see is "ERROR", and
then I get back to the next step (configure network).

I checked the other consoles, and the one with the log says something like
bootstrap error or so. Strange.

I was checking for the testing installation (workaround always rule...),
but didn't find any disks or so.

Is it possible that some steps have to be done before?
I did everything in the normal order, and then chose to install kernel
from /dev/fd0

/Jokke tmw.
···
 http://www.efd.lth.se/~d97jro/