Re: problems with Mozilla and Evolution

On Thu 09 Jan 2003, Gnanasekaran Thoppae wrote:

> Since 2 days I am having trouble with mozilla and  evolution after
> i did an apt-get update and apt-get install.  When I try to access
> any site I get immediately an error:
>
> "The connection was refused when attempting to contact www.mozilla.org."

Was mozilla running while you did the upgrade?
Sometimes the resolver stuff in libc changes subtlely so that programs
need to be restarted after the upgrade, otherwise hostnames etc. can't
be resolved. I once had this with mozilla myself.  Simplest way of
ensuring everything is restarted is to reboot :-)

Paul Slootman