Re: rebuild system from source questions

>Last question:
>I use gcc-3.2.1-pre-something from 'Sarge' to build a kernel
>(2.4.21-pre2). It looks OK so far... Can anyone tell me if it is
>considered stable (enough) by now, or should I stick with 2.95.4 for
>rebuilding the entire system?
>
>Thanx for any suggestions.
>
>Dannis.

Dennis,

Whether it is officially considered "stable" or not, I have been able to
build the basics of a sparc64 (alright, it's not Alpha, but it's 64-bit
RISC) based system with GCC 3.2.
However, if you use KDE I would strongly suggest that you try to compile
it before you start rebuilding - my homebuilt KDE crashed right and left.

Sincerey,
Sean Callanan
sc843@bard.edu