Re: Konqueror and Javascript

> Then this week, an application I needed to use started
> giving me FPEs.  No number crunching here, just silly project
> management.  I have rebuilt glib, libgnomecanvas, labart and
> a few other libraries this week with -mieee in order to get the
> application to work (as a side note why does apt-get insist
> on overwriting my versions each time it does an update?).

Welcome the the crowd. *grin*

Yup, libraries that have been compiled without -mieee are a big pain.

Unless the OS's linker supports selective linking based on .eflag 24 (Dec
Unix), there is no way to guarantee that some app won't come down the pipe
that requires the library to be compliant.  Nothing like back compiling a
whole ton of libraries just to get one lousy app working.

Edit '/etc/apt/preferences' and to 'pin' each package you recompiled at it's
given version to stop apt-get from replacing them on you.  For example:

Package: kdelibs-bin
Pin: version 3.1.1-1

-T

PS:  Pinning a package overflows to other packages through package
dependencies.

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe@uwo.ca -- WSC-)
 Computer Engineer                        Dept. of Applied Mathematics,